Friday, November 19, 2010

Monogram

My Randonnee from Louis Vuitton. I bought it in '98 or '99 I think. It travelled with me everywhere, and was my daily bag when I lived in Japan. It's been abused, worn through, painted on, written on, had beer bottles break inside it. I have a Sen to Chihiro keitai toy attached that is hanging on by the barest threads. Truly well travelled, and it looks all the better for it. A great contrast next to my newly polished C&J Cliffords.

Thanks to PG for the pic, craftily lifted from somewhere and posted by Ilikeitpreppy.

4 comments:

  1. Not a big LV man myself (although my wife loves it)... but those cliffords are looking sweet my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ethan, I think that is the first piece of LV monogram luggage that I have ever liked! Obviously, being used hard is good for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that big Noe? the Mono-champagne bag?
    anyway it looks so nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all. The bag is the Monogram Randonnee GM - discontinued now, but can still be had second hand fairly easily. Getting the patina and battle scars of mine will take a few years, though.

    desu

    ReplyDelete